Hello There! I'm a software developer focused on using data visualization, data analysis and data science to solve problems and improve capabilities for reasoning and making decisions with data.
I work at Zymergen as a Senior Data Visualization and Data Science Engineer. I am very fortunate to be able to combine my passions for data visualization, data science, and biology to make visual solutions for biological problems.
I've also worked for the Nordstrom Data Lab as a Data Visualization Engineer/Data Scientist. And before that, I helped analyze genomic data as a member of the Bioinformatic Group at the very special Stowers Institute.
Find out more about me from the links below, find me on Twitter, or drop me an email any time.
- Visualizing Combinatorial Objects in Macaulay2.
- Systematic investigation of CRISPR-Cas9 configurations for flexible and efficient genome editing in Corynebacterium glutamicum NRRL-B11474.
- The DEAD Box Helicase RDE-12 Promotes Amplification of RNAi in Cytoplasmic Foci in C. elegans.
- Evaluation of Whole Transcriptome Amplification Methods by RNA-Seq.
- Gene Expression Profiling of Picogram Amounts of Mouse Universal Reference RNA Amplified Using the Miltenyi Biotec μMACS SuperAmp Technology.
- The RDE-10/RDE-11 complex triggers RNAi-induced mRNA degradation by association with target mRNA in C. elegans
Command line tool for working and analyzing text. Provides much of the power of a package like nltk, but without having to know how to program!
System that completely automates the execution and control of the CASAVA genomic aligment software from Illumina.
Built on top of Jekyll, this tool provided a way to centralize and distribute analysis and research done by bioinformaticians.
A tool to facilitate the creation of pipelines for processing and analyzing genomic data. Included pipelines for SNP calling and annotation using GATK
Alerts for long running bash terminal commands. A fun but useful tool that will email you automatically when a long running script or command has completed. Can also notify user through Growl or Twitter
Academic research tool for discovering cultural differences through language. Used at Kansas University to share between students in Costa Rica and America. Written in Rails.